A new Permissible Ingredients Determination (No.4)2020 has commenced.
This technical Alert (available in Word or PDF) contains a detailed list of changes with a Notes field for sponsors to use to assist in identifying the changes relevant to products, as part of a table which includes
-Each new or changed ingredient
- The original (previous) requirements that applied
- New (amended) specific requirements.
This update also includes information on the following substances with more context provided for members on background information leading to the changes:
- Fallopia multiflora (He Shou Wu or Fo-Ti)
- Arbutin-containing herbs updated to reflect the poisons Standard and increase market access
- Change of transition periods from 'supply' to 'release for supply'
- Other changes to the Determination, including the addition of 27 new ingredients and the expiration of exclusivity on 3 ingredients
In addition, this technical alert includes information on:
- Targeted industry consultation via CMA on TGA-proposed removal of Gynura japonica from the Permissible Ingredients Determination in March 2021 (closes via CMA on 6 January 2021).
- Proprietary Ingredient Consultation delayed until January 2021