There have been changes and updates and clarifications to the Therapeutic Goods legislation, the Australian Regulatory Guidelines for listed medicines, and the User Guide, in relation to new substance applications for listed medicines.
Notable changes include:
- Mandatory data requirements for preliminary assessments (under development)
- How the TGA will manage duplicate applications for the same new ingredient
- Clarification regarding types of substances that may be applied for, and naming applications prior to new substance applications
- More information on the evaluation phase of the application and the recommendation or refusal of an application
- Additional clarification for market exclusivity arrangements
For details and context please see the attached technical alert. We welcome your ongoing feedback in relation to these application processes and guidance documents.